One Two
Please note:

The information on these pages does not replace the examination regulations.


Ute Lemmer
Sabine George

Endenicher Allee 60
Room 0.004
D-53115 Bonn

Phone: +49-(0)228 73-3180
Fax: +49-(0)228 73-3701
[Email protection active, please enable JavaScript.]

Office hours:
See Contact

You are here: Home Study Master Mathematics Examinations IIness


What to do in case of illness?
Reporting sick

If you are ill at the day of an examination (lecture course exam, seminar talk, etc.), you need to report sick to the Bachelor-Master Office before or at the day of the examination, if possible via e-mail. A medical certificate is required to be turned in within a week.

Important: Due tu §63 (7) HG NRW we can only accept medical certificates which explicitely state that you are unable to take an exam ("ärztliche Bescheinigung über das Bestehen der Prüfungsunfähigkeit"). The certificate of incapacity for work (usual yellow document) can only be accepted if it contains the doctor's statement about the inability to do an exam.

You can use our form for a certificate of incapacity.

It is sufficient if you send us the original medical certificate with the signature as scan. In this case you do not need to also turn in the original document.

Repeating an exam in case of illness

You have to take the exam at the next date available, or you will be assigned an alternate exam date, i. e.:

  • If you are ill at the first exam date in February / July then your first try will be in March / September. If you fail there, you will normally be assigned an alternate exam date in the first month of the new term.

  • If you are ill at the second exam date in March/ September then you will normally also be assigned an alternate exam date in the first month of the new term in order to complete the module examination.

Document Actions